Health and Well Being!

• How can a simple solution generated by salty water have such powerful and wide-ranging antiviral and antibacterial effects?

HOCl is highly effective, yet inexpensive and easily obtained from nature, much like sunlight, air, and water, which all profoundly impact our lives.

Because it is both environmentally friendly and relatively safe, HOCl is an excellent choice for many applications. Additionally, its affordability makes it accessible for large-scale applications.

This Natural And Safe Solution Can Effectively Kill Viruses And Germs

This Natural And Safe Solution Can Effectively Kill Viruses And Germs | ZeroHedge

image_92%28548%29.jpg?itok=7DaE-DW5(triocean/Shutterstock)

Application Is Based on pH

While hypochlorous acid (HOCl) is naturally produced by our white blood cells and is a key part of our innate immune system, it can also be made from electrolyzed saline water, a process invented over a century ago in Russia.

Electrolyzed water (EW), also called electrolyzed saline or electrolyzed oxidizing water, can be categorized into different types based on its pH value, each with unique applications.

Among the various types of EW, neutral electrolyzed salt water (NEW) and slightly acid-electrolyzed water (SAEW) are particularly interesting due to their neutral or near-neutral pH levels. These types of EW are relatively safe to use on our skin, nasal and oral mucosa, and wound tissues. They are widely used across the food, agriculture, and medical industries for disinfecting and cleaning purposes. This includes treating drinking water, wastewater, food, utensils, and hard surfaces.

Hypochlorous acid is the key active ingredient of NEW and SAEW, and pH plays a critical role. A pH greater than 7 will produce more hypochlorite (OCl⁻) in the solution, whereas a strongly acidic pH, will produce toxic chlorine (Cl₂). The concentration of hypochlorous acid is most dominant when the pH is close to neutral or slightly acidic.

Ming-Yih Chang, a senior lecturer in the Department of Biomechatronics at Yilan University in Taiwan, told The Epoch Times in an email, “Many factors impact the precise amount of HOCl. For example, according to a critical review in 2008, the relative distribution of the main aqueous chlorine species is produced per the graph below where the temperature and the chloride concentration are provided.”

image_92%28549%29.jpg?itok=ewGUQGVYThe pH impacts HOCl concentration in electrolyzed water when produced at 25 degrees Celsius, and chloride concentration of 0.005 M.(Illustrated by The Epoch Times)

Different From Bleach

Hypochlorite (OCl⁻), a key ingredient of liquid bleach, is similar to hypochlorous acid—both can kill viruses and germs. However, they are different chemicals with different properties and applications.

OCl⁻ is an ion commonly associated with sodium and calcium salts. When the pH is greater than 8, it’s often labeled as liquid bleach. As a strong oxidizer, it can cause corrosion, resulting in skin burns or eye damage, and can be harmful when inhaled.

HOCl is a weak, nonirritating acid that is much safer than hypochlorite. When prepared correctly, it can be used safely and widely for many clinical applications in multiple industries. As a disinfectant, HOCl is 80 to 200 times more effective than bleach, yet is nontoxic to humans.

Effective Against COVID-19

HOCl gained attention during the COVID-19 pandemic. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency now recommends HOCl as a safe and effective disinfectant against COVID-19.

A randomized controlled trial, still in preprint and not yet peer-reviewed, was conducted in Mexico City among 170 frontline medical staff to investigate the effectiveness of a type of neutral electrolyzed water in reducing COVID-19 risk. All trial subjects wore adequate professional protection equipment, as required by standard COVID-19 safety protocols. Participants were divided equally into a control group and a prophylactic group.

The prophylactic group participants followed a protocol using a NEW solution in the form of a nasal spray and mouth rinse three times a day for four weeks. This group had a significantly decreased incidence of COVID-19 infections with only 1.2 percent infected compared to 18.8 percent in the control group.

Of particular note is that no individual using NEW reported any side effects, as the solution is nonirritating.

Skin irritation is a particular problem resulting from alcohol-based hand sanitizers used daily in medical offices. These can cause hand dermatitis and damage the skin barrier, compromising the first line of defense. The World Health Organization recognizes that a major challenge to hand hygiene in health care is the need for safer care.

Curious scientists have conducted tests on HOCl to determine its potential benefits for COVID-19 patients.

A clinical trial was conducted with 214 ambulatory COVID-19 patients from multiple hospitals. The study involved 104 patients who were given only usual medical care. The remaining 110 patients were given both usual medical care and NEW via nebulization and/or intravenous administration.

The NEW was provided four times a day for 10 days with successive dose increases using a diluted version of electrolyzed saline with a neutral pH (6.0 to 7.5).

In addition, when COVID‑19 symptoms of nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea occurred, 30 milliliters of oral electrolyzed saline was added four times a day for as long as the gastrointestinal symptoms lasted, and for two more days after the symptoms disappeared.

Overall, the NEW treatment decreased the risk of hospitalization by 89 percent and the risk of death by 96 percent.

Patient symptoms improved rapidly after 24 hours, including fatigue, headache, sore throat, eye pain, myalgia, fever, and oxygen saturation. Inflammatory markers were also reduced.

On the fifth day, the group who received the NEW treatment had an 18-fold greater chance of achieving an acceptable symptom state than the group who received only usual medical care.

image_92%28550%29.jpg?itok=DFjSVjFxElectrolyzed saline reduced hospitalization and improved symptoms of COVID-19 (Illustrated by The Epoch Times)

The dose-dependent response to the NEW treatment suggests a causal relationship.

The pH of the NEW solution used in the study ranged from 6.0 to 7.5, and the concentration of active chlorine and oxygen species used in these experiments was no more than 20 parts per million (ppm).

Antiviral Function

HOCl has demonstrated the ability to quickly inactivate several viruses, including the SARS-CoV-2, hepatitis B (HBV), human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), and norovirus.

The effective chloride concentration in the HBV and HIV studies was 4.2 ppm, and SARS-CoV-2 ranged from 66 to 109 ppm.

HOCl is naturally produced by our immune cells to fight infections. Our neutrophils and white blood cells release a mixture of chemicals, including HOCl, to kill germs and viruses.

Neutrally-charged HOCl easily penetrates the cell walls of pathogens to kill them from the inside out. However, bleach is negatively charged, making it rather difficult to penetrate viruses or germs. This is one major advantage of HOCl compared to bleach.

Huiwen Ji, who holds a doctorate in chemistry from Princeton University and is an assistant professor of materials science and engineering at the University of Utah, explained the disinfecting mechanism of HOCl.

“When saline water is electrolyzed, external electric energy is transferred to the chloride ion in the solution. As a result, the chloride anions are oxidized to HOCl with chlorine now in a relatively unstable +1 oxidation state.”

“Thus, HOCl is an oxidizing agent that tends to grab electrons from other molecules. This process can break the chemical bonds in the target molecules,” she said.

When the structure of these biomolecules is destroyed, their proteins can no longer function. Without adequately functioning proteins, viruses and germs cannot survive throughout their life cycles.

HOCl can also break the DNA or RNA of viruses and germs, rendering them harmless and unable to replicate.

image_92%28551%29.jpg?itok=LbUEWnaWHow HOCl Kills Viruses and Germs (Illustrated by The Epoch Times)

When exposed to viruses like SARS-CoV-2, the timing of using an HOCl nasal spray is critical to mitigating the risk of infection.

In December 2022, scientists from Stanford University identified the nasal cavity as the main entry point for the COVID-19 virus and specified the time window for prevention.

The surface of our nasal mucosa is covered by a tightly-linked thin layer of epithelial cells that forms a complete barrier. On top of the cells is a thick and elastic three-dimensional chain-link fence composed of mucin, a sticky molecule that can trap all the debris of viruses and germs. Additionally, hundreds of spaghetti-like appendages, known as cilia, move slowly like a river to clear away all the harmful substances from the mucus layer.

Researchers found that the virus takes at least 24 hours to penetrate the surface mucus layer before it can enter deeply into the cells. Accordingly, using an HOCl nasal spray as quickly as possible within this 24-hour window could effectively disinfect the nasal passages and potentially prevent the virus from establishing an infection.

CONTINUES

• BLAMING FOOD FOR OBESITY

Scanning through the Z.H. articles I found this authors view on what causes obesity.

Certainly different to the mainstream view, he makes some excellent points IMO.           ( food for thought )    :D

A Heretic's View: Blaming Food For Obesity Is Like Blaming Water For Drowning | ZeroHedge

647481_5__80.jpg?h=4bb97397&itok=4GKZzLub A Heretic's View: Blaming Food For Obesity Is Like Blaming Water For Drowning ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero http://www.zerohedge.com

• To my mom, Jennifer. Knowing her, she would say bullshit to me if I called her an angle, but she is. For all she has put up with and continues to live through and deal with. she deserves the longest and most relaxing vacation there is and a body that doesn't hurt her. I'd say all our tolerances for stress and gotten better, as much as that's sad. A lot of times, which is most times now, I don't care about myself. May bitch and cry but I care about my mom more. I wish there was more I could do. Take some of it off her shoulders. Because she isn't just my mom, she is a sister and my best friend and I am oh so very grateful to have her as my mother in this lifetime. Even if this life, for all of us, has been rough and at times ugly. I wouldn't change it. I'm glad I picked this life.

I love you to bits, mom. What you deserve is coming soon!!

Wow, Amen, Amen, Amen, peace and calm will soon be upon you and your mother

<3 <3 <3

• Official Post

To my mom, Jennifer. Knowing her, she would say bullshit to me if I called her an angle, but she is. For all she has put up with and continues to live through and deal with. she deserves the longest and most relaxing vacation there is and a body that doesn't hurt her. I'd say all our tolerances for stress and gotten better, as much as that's sad. A lot of times, which is most times now, I don't care about myself. May bitch and cry but I care about my mom more. I wish there was more I could do. Take some of it off her shoulders. Because she isn't just my mom, she is a sister and my best friend and I am oh so very grateful to have her as my mother in this lifetime. Even if this life, for all of us, has been rough and at times ugly. I wouldn't change it. I'm glad I picked this life.

How wonderful that we have two of your family here! And your love is so strong.WHat a tribute! Love to you both

• To my mom, Jennifer. Knowing her, she would say bullshit to me if I called her an angle, but she is. For all she has put up with and continues to live through and deal with. she deserves the longest and most relaxing vacation there is and a body that doesn't hurt her. I'd say all our tolerances for stress and gotten better, as much as that's sad. A lot of times, which is most times now, I don't care about myself. May bitch and cry but I care about my mom more. I wish there was more I could do. Take some of it off her shoulders. Because she isn't just my mom, she is a sister and my best friend and I am oh so very grateful to have her as my mother in this lifetime. Even if this life, for all of us, has been rough and at times ugly. I wouldn't change it. I'm glad I picked this life.

• This threads contains 58 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please log-in to continue reading.