What is the soul?

• This is a NICE Sadhguru on letting in the divine... what the spiritual process is...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Christ Jesus said when he walked this earth...

LOVE ONE ANOTHER AS I HAVE LOVED YOU.<3

• Difference between your spirit and your soul.

Urantia Book

The Urantia Book makes the distinction between our "spirit" and our "soul" quite clear. The spirit is none other than the good Spirit of the Universal Father himself, who bestows himself on the minds of mortal beings. We are taught that this indwelling Spirit is called the Thought Adjuster, or Mystery Monitor, and it labors with us throughout our lives to help us "adjust" our thinking to correspond with the will of God.

"ALTHOUGH THE Universal Father is personally resident on Paradise, at the very center of the universes, he is also actually present on the worlds of space in the minds of his countless children of time, for he indwells them as the Mystery Monitors. The eternal Father is at one and the same time farthest removed from, and most intimately associated with, his planetary mortal sons." (107:0.1)

Our soul is the spiritual counterpart of each mortal life - an immortal entity that grows and evolves with every moral choice for goodness that we make throughout life. This soul is an evolutionary achievement that will survive mortal death, and which will progress into our eternal life.

"The soul of man is an experiential acquirement. As a mortal creature chooses to "do the will of the Father in heaven," so the indwelling spirit becomes the father of a new reality in human experience. The mortal and material mind is the mother of this same emerging reality..This is the emerging and immortal soul which is destined to survive mortal death and begin the Paradise ascension." (0:5.10)

These two realities - the Spirit and the soul - are forever intertwined in a human life. The Spirit works with us to help us create our soul, and both factors will survive and eventually fuse in eternity, creating an indestructible being of immortality status.

"THE MISSION OF the Thought Adjusters to the human races is to represent, to be, the Universal Father to the mortal creatures of time and space; that is the fundamental work of the divine gifts. Their mission is also that of elevating the mortal minds and of translating the immortal souls of men up to the divine heights and spiritual levels of Paradise perfection. And in the experience of thus transforming the human nature of the temporal creature into the divine nature of the eternal finaliter, the Adjusters bring into existence a unique type of being, a being consisting in the eternal union of the perfect Adjuster and the perfected creature which it would be impossible to duplicate by any other universe technique." (108:0.1)

------------------

From its earliest inception the soul is real; it has cosmic survival qualities. (195.8) 16:9.2

During life the mortal will, the personality power of decision-choice, is resident in the material mind circuits; as terrestrial mortal growth proceeds, this self, with its priceless powers of choice, becomes increasingly identified with the emerging morontia-soul entity; after death and following the mansion world resurrection, the human personality is completely identified with the morontia self. The soul is thus the embryo of the future morontia vehicle of personality identity. (1219.1) 111:3.2

Plants and animals survive in time by the technique of passing on from one generation to another identical particles of themselves. The human soul (personality) of man survives mortal death by identity association with this indwelling spark of divinity, which is immortal, and which functions to perpetuate the human personality upon a continuing and higher level of progressive universe existence. The concealed seed of the human soul is an immortal spirit. The second generation of the soul is the first of a succession of personality manifestations of spiritual and progressing existences, terminating only when this divine entity attains the source of its existence, the personal source of all existence, God, the Universal Father.
    (1459.6) 132:3.6

"The soul is the self-reflective, truth-discerning, and spirit-perceiving part of man which forever elevates the human being above the level of the animal world. Self-consciousness, in and of itself, is not the soul. Moral self-consciousness is true human self-realization and constitutes the foundation of the human soul, and the soul is that part of man which represents the potential survival value of human experience. Moral choice and spiritual attainment, the ability to know God and the urge to be like him, are the characteristics of the soul. The soul of man cannot exist apart from moral thinking and spiritual activity. A stagnant soul is a dying soul. But the soul of man is distinct from the divine spirit which dwells within the mind. The divine spirit arrives simultaneously with the first moral activity of the human mind, and that is the occasion of the birth of the soul." Jesus, (1478.4) 133:6.5

Your Spiritualizing Self

The soul of man is an experiential acquirement. As a mortal creature chooses to "do the will of the Father in heaven," so the indwelling spirit becomes the father of a new reality in human experience. The mortal and material mind is the mother of this same emerging reality. The substance of this new reality is neither material nor spiritual--it is morontial. This is the emerging and immortal soul which is destined to survive mortal death and begin the Paradise ascension. (8.10) 0:5.10

Although the approach to the Paradise presence of the Father must await your attainment of the highest finite levels of spirit progression, you should rejoice in the recognition of the ever-present possibility of immediate communion with the bestowal spirit of the Father so intimately associated with your inner soul and your spiritualizing self. (63.1) 5:1.3

The human...soul is likewise a volitional, cocreative partner in its own immortalization. (1282.2) 117:3.7

All soul-evolving humans areliterally the evolutionary sons of God the Father and God the Mother, the Supreme Being. But until such time as mortal man becomes soul-conscious of his divine heritage, this assurance of Deity kinship must be faith realized. Human life experience is the cosmic cocoon in which the universe endowments of the Supreme Being and the universe presence of the Universal Father (none of which are personalities) are evolving the morontia soul of time and the human-divine finaliter character of universe destiny and eternal service. (1289.1) 117:6.8

Urantia society can never hope to settle down as in past ages. The social ship has steamed out of the sheltered bays of established tradition and has begun its cruise upon the high seas of evolutionary destiny; and the soul of man, as never before in the world's history, needs carefully to scrutinize its charts of morality and painstakingly to observe the compass of religious guidance.
    (1086.6) 99:1.3

Eternal Survival and the Soul

Eternal survival of personality is wholly dependent on the choosing of the mortal mind, whose decisions determine the survival potential of the immortal soul. When the mind believes God and the soul knows God, and when, with the fostering Adjuster, they all desire God, then is survival assured. (69.8) 5:5.13

For much more information on the soul, please see our study on the soul HERE.

And for more information on the indwelling Spirit of God, please go HERE.

Both of these studies will provide you with numerous links to Urantia Book teachings which will greatly enlarge your understanding of both the Spirit and the soul.

;)

The "TRUTH" doesn't know an expiration date! (-CL) -- I Am that I Am --

Heed me, little ones, your Father calls to you gently. It is time now. Do you understand? Yes, I think you do. Will you come to me?

I Love you tenderly and oh so dearly. Take my hand. Do it right now. This is urgent, ok? -- Christ Michael Aton --

Message: https://christ52.stackstorage.com/s/ivMabM7p8EYJnKQ

• Soul, in the PJ's:

The soul is your akashic. It contains the sum total of all your experiences through time and eternity, ALL your lives, your loves and losses; your victories and defeats, your trials and accomplishments and on and on. In meditation you will begin to “see” all of this come up. You will have flashes of your history and who and what you have been. Things you are particularly struggling with now, have most likely followed you through time. As you invite light and divine assistance and understanding and guidance into your crown and anchor it in meditation and communion, you will begin to experience bursting revelations and comprehensions unfold. You will "see" through the veil and gaze into perfection. You can then begin to replace discord with this perfection of feeling. This is grace. This power heals and completes your karma, so to speak. It is simply resolved and lifted off, freeing you and your karma, so to speak.

[H: I do not like the definition now applied to the word "karma", so let us release the burden of assumed penalties and paybacks and other unseemly definitions and simply state that you free yourselves from restriction so that you can, as a student, SEE and UNDERSTAND the LESSON at hand. In the power you hold as creation of GOD imperfection of reflection it means you also have the power to cast aside the"karma" and simply do not accept it.]

It is simply resolved and lifted off, freeing you and your mind and emotions and allows the true passion of love and life to come forth. This will happen more and more as you go.All this progress is painfully slow at first. It is the same for everyone that way but the further you go the faster you go and you can fly free for very long periods.Then it is but a matter of fine tuning and flight time experience. You will find that your soul is clean and new and that you suddenly have a great deal of “space” for wonderful things, space that was formerly taken up by conflicts. You have forgiven all and self for all trespass. This is freedom. This is true freedom and you will find yourself having tea with God every day. It is simple. Not easy--simple.

-- PJ 57 -- page 113   --Link: http://phoenix.abundanthope.org/all%20pj%20s.htm

Heed me, little ones, your Father calls to you gently. It is time now. Do you understand? Yes, I think you do. Will you come to me?

I Love you tenderly and oh so dearly. Take my hand. Do it right now. This is urgent, ok? -- Christ Michael Aton --

• What is the soul

The relationship between the Divine Spirit and the soul. The Divine Spirit, known by many names: The Higher Self, the Indwelling Spirit, the Over-soul, the Ka, God Fragment, the Thought Adjuster, and many others, seeks expression in the lives of its indwelling hosts (humans) and it is through this channel that the soul of an individual is born.

What is the soul? The soul is that culmination of values and experiences that have to do with the identity of the individual that survives the life in the flesh and goes on to higher levels of perfection attainment through the process of ascension. Only those values and experiences that were born from the Indwelling Spirit and which found a channel of expression in the individual through the discovery of truth, beauty, and goodness, survives and becomes the true essence, identity, and personality of the ascending soul, the "real you." 

Throughout your life, and mostly unaware by you, the Indwelling Spirit prepares your mind for these survival value experiences and begins the process of harvesting those experiences in preparation for the next phase of your ascension. There is a very delicate balance between what the Indwelling Spirit can inspire the individual to accomplish and what the will of the individual will allow. If the "student" is willing to embrace the values of truth, beauty, and goodness, the Indwelling Spirit has a wider channel in which to work.

It is a long and sometimes difficult process for divinity to communicate with the electro-chemical animal nature of humans who are just starting out on the journey from imperfection to perfection. Divinity has to compete with all the distractions of planetary life and find a way to "spiritize" the mind in preparation for your next life on the mansion worlds, the training worlds of human ascension. Through this process of spiritualizing the mind, the Indwelling Spirit plants seeds along the journey that hopefully will sprout and grow into an awareness of Divinity at work in the life of that individual. Once this connection is made, the channel for divine expression opens up and the soul really progresses and flourishes and begins to seek perfection.

Once the perfection desire begins, the soul (the individualized part) seeks union with the Whole. It is the upon the realization of this desire for God-likeness that the individual is "born again of the Spirit." The partnership of God and man has been consummated and the eternal adventure begins. My friends, this new awareness of the presence of God in your life is monumental and you really have little understanding of what it means to have life eternally and to become god-like through unending and astonishing experiences as you travel inward and onward to the Corp of Finality on paradise! How blessed you are indeed to be aware of the divine relationship. Sit with this message now in stillness and contemplate what it means to you.

-- AH- Others #5 -- page. 84-85 -- Link: http://library.abundanthope.org/index_htm_files/Others-5.pdf ;)

Edited once, last by CHRIST.L ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!